A Panama City Family Law & Divorce Lawyer Serving Crestview & Fort Walton Beach, Florida
An attorney protecting families and individuals
Family law includes many complex legal issues, including divorce, child support, child custody, the division of marital assets and alimony. If you are facing divorce or a related matter, you need a good attorney.
After practicing in the Florida panhandle since 2006, I founded my law practice in 2012 to better serve Panama City and the surrounding area. I understand the difficulties and challenges that my clients face, and I know the level of care that each case needs. If you have questions about divorce and family law in Florida, Zachary A. VanDyke, PA Attorney at Law can help answer them.
A law practice putting clients first
I set myself apart through my skill and my approach to clients. I pride myself on a supportive atmosphere and a hands-on approach. My law practice is defined by:
- Peace of mind — If you have questions about the law, feel confused or overwhelmed by the process, or are unsure of what to expect, do not worry. My priority is to make sure you fully understand your case and its requirements.
- Protection for your rights — As your attorney, it is my responsibility to ensure your legal rights are protected. I am a zealous advocate for your side.
- A sophisticated approach — I am a combat veteran and a former National Guard Judge Advocate General's Corps (JAG) Officer. I served my country with professionalism, honor and distinction. I bring that approach to my law practice every day.
As a Florida divorce attorney, I strive to get you the result you deserve. Do not be overwhelmed by the legal process. If you have concerns, I can work with you.
A lawyer handling divorce, family law and child support in Panama City
Having been divorced myself, I understand the long and sometimes complicated process of ending a marriage. I can assist people with legal problems related to:
- Divorce — Florida grants a dissolution of marriage if it is irretrievably broken or if one of the parties is mentally incapacitated. There are other requirements that you must follow for a divorce to be granted, and many related issues that must be settled, such as timesharing and child support.
- Military divorce — Military divorce is procedurally similar to the civilian divorce process. However, deployments and pensions can have a large effect on the outcome.
- Alimony — Also known as spousal support, alimony is financial support a court requires one spouse to pay to the other.
- Equitable distribution of assets — Florida courts are required to divide marital assets equitably based on factors such as the length of the marriage and each spouse's financial needs.
- Paternity — Florida's Department of Revenue is responsible for ensuring that men take care of their legal responsibilities as a father.
- Child support & child custody — Child support payments and an order of child custody can be the two most difficult issues you could face during a divorce.
- Modifications — Modifications of judgments regarding support or timesharing can be critical to your finances but difficult to obtain.
- Personal injury — A serious injury can leave you with high medical fees and loss of income. If you've been hurt in an accident, you may have a legal right to be compensated for your losses.
- Wrongful death — If you have lost a loved one because of the actions of another person, you may be entitled to compensation for the tragedy.
- Military law —As a combat veteran and a former JAG Officer, I understand military law and what those in our armed services face. If you are a service member with legal questions, I can answer them.
My practice covers a wide variety of legal areas, especially those in family law. If you are curious to learn more about your legal options, I can explain the legal process.
Contact my law office to schedule a free initial consultation about your case
The office of Zachary A. VanDyke, PA Attorney at Law is located in historic downtown Panama City. I offer free initial consultations and flexible hours to accommodate your schedule. For an appointment, contact my office at 850-387-4489 or online.