Zachary A. VanDyke, PA
Panama City Attorney
850-851-0864 Se habla espanol
Menu / Navigate

December 2016 Archives

Can I keep medical coverage in a military divorce?

When a military couple in Florida decides to divorce, there are certain issues that must be taken into consideration. For example, the military health coverage under TRICARE might be affected for non-service members. There are certain criteria that dictate whether the former spouse will continue receiving benefits and for how long. With a divorcing military couple, it is important to understand the federal laws and how military benefits might be impacted.

What can the state do about delinquent child support?

It is in the best interests of the child that the noncustodial parent pay what is ordered to support the child. In many cases, the parent will do what he or she is supposed to do in this vein. Unfortunately, there are times when there are delinquent payments and the custodial parent has to take steps to get what is owed. There are enforcement strategies that the state will use to get these payments and the punish the parent who is not complying with the order.

Civilian, military divorces: yes, they're different

Imagine that you're working for your country for an extended period in an inhospitable area many thousands of miles away from your spouse and children, and you suddenly receive an order to appear in a court back home regarding a family law matter. Failure to do so, notes the order, will put you in contempt and subject you to various -- and serious -- penalties.

3 things to consider in military child custody cases

Trying to balance family life and work life is difficult for any parent who works. Parents who are in the military have it even more difficult because of the changes in schedule and duty stations that are associated with military service. For these parents, coming up with a suitable child custody agreement can be rather complex. This isn't to say that it is impossible, but it might take a bit of creativity.


Zachary A. Vandyke, P.A.
502 Harmon Ave
Panama City, FL 32401

Phone: 850-851-0864
Fax: 850-215-6459
Map & Directions

Begin Moving Forward Today

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Back to Top