Skilled Divorce Guidance From An Experienced Attorney
Dealing with the complexities of Florida family law requires knowledge and experience. Not all family law attorneys can secure the best result for your situation.
For professional representation for family law matters from an attorney who has himself been through the process and the system, contact me at Zachary A. VanDyke, P.A., in Panama City. I am passionate about offering each of my clients the best representation available. To this end, I work to find a reasonable agreement or settlement and stay out of court whenever possible. When this is not possible, I have the experience to go to court and successfully pursue your best interests.
Why You Should Choose A Collaborative Divorce
Instead of letting court litigation decide the outcome of a divorce, collaborative divorce gives spouses the ability to work with their lawyers to achieve a settlement that meets the needs of both parties and their children without assistance from the court. A collaborative divorce is a good choice for the following reasons:
- It is more civil than a court-litigated divorce. Collaborative divorce is a type of conflict resolution thoroughly worked out by both sides. Family law attorneys help their clients determine what problems need to be addressed and how to come to an amicable agreement. This is extremely helpful in child custody and child support cases.
- Privacy is retained. Court litigation enables the details of the divorce to be publicized, while collaborative divorce lets both parties resolve their differences through confidential discussions in a private space.
- It’s cheaper than court litigation. If your divorce ends up going to trial, you may incur significant costs and will have to pay even more if the situation is not resolved in your favor.
- You can maintain creativity. This process allows each party to create solutions that meet their specific needs. Court litigation results in rigid and detrimental solutions.
- It’s less stressful. Both parties have a more active role in the divorce proceedings instead of having to wait for court decisions. This allows people to part as friends or mutual acquaintances.
Divorce Vs. Legal Separation In Florida
In most states, spouses in a failing marriage have two choices: divorce or legal separation. Unfortunately, legal separation is not a recognized concept under Florida law; however, living apart from one another typically occurs in any marriage heading toward divorce.
I can confidently counsel you with the options you have during separation. With over a decade of legal experience, no obstacle is too difficult for me to overcome when it comes to assisting you in making the right choices for you and your family. I will provide answers to all your Florida divorce questions. I have extensive experience helping people, including military personnel, who are getting divorced.
Florida Separation Agreements
Florida Statute 61.10 states that if you are living separately from your spouse and minor child, whether or not the separation is your fault, you or your spouse may acquire an adjudication of obligation to maintain the spouse and minor child or children, if any exist. The court will arbitrate financial obligations to a spouse or child, determine the child’s primary residence and establish the custody and visitation rights of the parties.
Florida law also allows postnuptial agreements, which encompasses decisions relating to alimony, child support and custody, property division, bill handling and how to divide money into separate bank accounts. This type of agreement is a contract between you and your spouse that determines that you will live apart for an indefinite length of time.
If you haven’t fully committed yourself to undergo a divorce with your spouse and seek a separation agreement, at my law firm, Zachary A. VanDyke, P.A., I can handle your case with meticulousness and compassion. Once we discuss your current situation, I will create a personalized plan that will address any possible unique variables and help you achieve your goals. Contact my office in Panama City for a free initial consultation.
The Personal Service And Commitment You Deserve
As the founder of Zachary A. VanDyke, P.A., I offer personal service and a commitment to your goals. Call 850-641-8504 to set up a free consultation to get answers to your questions. You can also reach me via website email, and I will be in touch with you promptly. Se habla español.